The ACP conducts an annual election to fill member and alternate member position vacancies. The election process is as follows:
- Pistachio producers and handlers are asked to nominate eligible candidates
- Qualification and Acceptance forms are sent to these nominees to verify eligibility and willingness to serve
- Pistachio producers and handlers vote on candidates
- Election results are submitted to the USDA for candidate eligibility certification
- Eligible nominees are submitted to the Secretary of Agriculture for selection to serve on the Committee
The 2017 election was conducted to fill producer member and alternate producer member seats for Districts 1, 2 and 4, as well as the Position 1 handler and alternate handler member (based on one vote handler).
Signed Selection Order